1) Integrating Inquiry based problems, assignments, Labs and Test into their Lesson Plan.

2) Incorportating assignments that call for students to consistently practice study skills.

3) Stimulating the AP Biology testing environment.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Blog 14 Independent Component 1

Literal 

A ) I, Alejandro Espinoza, affirm that I have completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

B ) The sources I used for my independent component are My Mentor Mr. Pittman, he showed me his lesson plan and looked over my notes and Cambell's 5th edition AP Biology Book which is where I got the information to help me make my lesson plan, guided notes and test.

C ) Okay Done.

D ) So for my independent component I decided to dissect section of the book and write out a plan of attack for the unit. I started by first reading the section then reread the section this time writing notes I then did a plan of attack on each of the concepts in the book. After each concept was completed I wrote down what I am going to teach my students each day. I then made guided notes for my students to fill out during my lectures. Finally I repeated the process for the next chapter.

Interpretive

Notebook Pictures - This contains my notes on the section, how i would tackle each concept and what and how would I teach my students each day.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mnLGnN9JDs9AOQ1LwyyFMzPBP1EHi9W_URZUg6zyNyI/edit?usp=sharing

Guided Notes Example- This is an example of how I did my guided notes for my unit.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19G3S1EYDNrY_oRpTm_7hqaYjURZUKPNiU9-VhJ3jdPI/edit?usp=sharing
  

Applied

My component helped my understand the foundation of my topic basically by showing me what teacher have to do when planning a new lesson. I understand that the amount of effort that a teacher put into his work will directly reflect how the students may do on their exam and eventually their final AP Biology Examination. I also learned how pack as much content as you can in a Day so that you could go to the next section more quickly a note to add is that time MUST be put aside for any possible questions or misunderstanding of the concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment