1) Integrating Inquiry based problems, assignments, Labs and Test into their Lesson Plan.

2) Incorportating assignments that call for students to consistently practice study skills.

3) Stimulating the AP Biology testing environment.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blog 15 Independent Component 2 Approval

1. Describe in  detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.

I plan to do again another lesson plan like I did foe my independent component 1. The difference between this second lesson plan and the first is that I plan to tackle more than just one concept in the book and attack the concepts more in depth. I will also be making additional worksheets, guided notes, Inquiry based problems and test to this Independent component with having in my answers to my EQ in mind.

2. Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.

I will have my notebook from my last independent component in which I will write notes in the section. Writing notes for a section for me personally can take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours if I am not familiar with the concept. I will be writing multiple pages of notes for multiple section so that will take about a good 1/3 of the 30 hours. I am also making the lesson plan itself which explains my plan of attack and what my students will be doing each day this takes my about a good 2 hours of work. I will also be making worksheets, guided notes,labs and test in which I will put a link in the my blog. This worksheets can take any where from an 1 hour to 5 hours to complete. This part will probably take up most of my time.

3. And explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic more in depth.

I am basically putting myself in the shoes of an AP Biology teacher. I faced with the question of how can I best teach this concept so that my student will be ready for it when they encounter it in the AP Biology Examination. This will make me think of my first answer but get me thinking of a second and possible third answer.

4. Post a log on the right hand side of your blog near your other logs and call it Independent Component 2.

Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment