1) Integrating Inquiry based problems, assignments, Labs and Test into their Lesson Plan.

2) Incorportating assignments that call for students to consistently practice study skills.

3) Stimulating the AP Biology testing environment.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10 Senior Project, The Hoilday

1 What did you do over the break with your senior project.

Over the break my mentor recommended that I work on my independent component. I read my AP Biology taking notes and then stated breaking down the sections into a lesson plan that I can use. I then decided to do some additional research notes to put in my notebook both sources focused on Inquiry learning.

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?

I learned more info on Inquiry labs which will soon become a common core standard. I also could say I learned how to plan a lesson based on the information that I, the teacher will be testing my students on. The source I learned Inquiry learning from was the California Journal of Science Education and a little bit of " Teaching Inquiry Science" by Anton E. Lawson.

3. If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?

I would like to Interview Mrs. Dee Ann Matthews, she was a Biology teacher for good amount of time. Even through she did not teach AP Biology the teaching methods she used to teach her class could easily help support one or more of my answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment