1) Integrating Inquiry based problems, assignments, Labs and Test into their Lesson Plan.

2) Incorportating assignments that call for students to consistently practice study skills.

3) Stimulating the AP Biology testing environment.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Blog 19 Independent component 2

Literal 

A ) I, Alejandro Espinoza, affirm that I have completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.

B ) The sources I used for my independent component were My Mentor Mr. Pittman he showed me his lesson plan and his test. The Campbell AP Biology book, this helped me work on the worksheets to make my lesson plan. And the POGIL Activities for AP Biology workbook, this is were Mr.Pittman got his packets to give to his students and what I worked on to study the material.

C ) Okay Done.

D ) So for my independent component I decided to do the sections of the book that Mr. Pittman went over after the time I got my independent component approved. The sections I did the were evolution, the endocrine system the nervous system and the immune system the last sections Mr. Pittman covered this year.

Interpretive
Here is the link to the Google doc containing pictures of some of the worksheets I worked on to learn the about evolution and the bodies systems.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6dH0MDonWeFN2EzSlhweGtMbnM&usp=sharing

Here is the time in which I will tackle these four sections as one whole unit within a 4 week Block schedule Unit with a test on the last day and some time for review.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L4n0Eu1YRRC9Ehccfp8WWJdM_syiSLheKmuWiMzQLOc/edit?usp=sharing


Applied

My component helped my understand my topic more by basically showing me what teacher have to do when planning a new lesson. I understand that the teacher must follow certain lab requirements for the AP Biology standards so I couldn't put in my own created Inquiry based labs but I can put in Inquiry based assignments.Yet again I learned that the effort that a teacher put into his work will directly reflect how the students will do on their exam and eventually their final AP Biology Examination. I also learned that an AP Biology teacher must put focus on the topics of each sections that will be directly on the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment