1) Integrating Inquiry based problems, assignments, Labs and Test into their Lesson Plan.

2) Incorportating assignments that call for students to consistently practice study skills.

3) Stimulating the AP Biology testing environment.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blog 2: Summer Mentorship Component

1.  Make a log of the specific hours and description of your duties.

The Link below will direct you to my Log on Google Docs.

Mentorship Log

2. What is the Contact name and number of where you volunteered ?

My Contact's name is Mary Martinez and her Number is (909)-917-2780.

3. What questions were raised because of the 10 hour experience ?

My mentor said that she was only able to get me in for the 10 hours and i wanted to know when would I need to start getting hours again?

Is there any special degree one will need to do to become a full time lad tech ?

What is the career growth outlook for a Lad tech in the next 10 years?

What is the main difference in degrees between a Lab Tech and a person who creates Medicines in a lab.

4. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience ?

I leaned that it is important to managed your time efficiently and plan ahead on what i am going to do. I learned this on my first time I volunteer on the 30th of July when my mentor told me to clean the room and stock up on supplies I ended up doing it one by one and only finish 2 rooms out of 5 within the time. The second time around i came up with a plan and finish all the rooms on time. This is important because during the year i will need to think ahead and have a plan on how to tackle my many projects and tasks.

5. How did what you did help you choose a topic?

The tasks that I did help me come to the choice that I want as a topic is a lab tech. I enjoyed collecting and preparing the specimens for the lab to process and the last day in which i actually got to go in the lab was fun and i enjoyed learning on how the instruments work and how they clean them once they are done.


No comments:

Post a Comment